VisitEngland announce shortlist for 2017 awards
VisitEngland has today announced the finalists for the Awards for Excellence 2017, the most prestigious awards in English tourism.
The Awards, now in their 28th year, recognise and congratulate those businesses and individuals from across England who champion the very best practice and excellence in customer service. Winners will be announced at the Awards ceremony on Monday 24 April at the Hilton Waldorf, London.
VisitEngland Chief Executive Sally Balcombe said: “The Awards shine a spotlight on an industry driven by the highest-calibre people and organisations who deliver unforgettable experiences for visitors, raising the profile of England as a world-class destination and driving the economic benefits of tourism across the regions.”
Competition this year was particularly fierce, and the 67 finalists were selected from almost 600 applications spread across 22 categories.
This year saw the highest number of applications ever submitted for the Awards, which range from Inclusive Tourism to Visitor Information Provider of the Year and three family friendly awards (Accommodation, Attraction and Food & Drink Business of the Year). Applications were received from businesses including hotels, B&Bs, glamping operators, restaurants, food and drink producers, pubs, museums, and conference centres.
Below are the South East finalists in each category
Afternoon Tea of the Year
- The Grand Brighton, South East.
Boutique/Guest Accommodation of the Year
- Daisybank Cottage Boutique Bed and Breakfast, South East
Dog-Friendly Business of the Year
- The Oakley Court, South East.
GREAT China Welcome of the Year
- Blenheim Palace, South East
Large Visitor Attraction of the Year
- The Mary Rose Museum, South East
- Waddesdon Manor, South East.
Self-Catering Property of the Year
- The Chestnuts, South East.
Small Visitor Attraction of the Year
- Monkey Haven, South East
Visitor Information Provider of the Year
- Oxford VIC/Experience Oxfordshire, South East
- Film of awards ceremony 2018 Posted: 21st December 2018
- The South East’s Best Tourism Businesses celebrate at The Beautiful South Awards 2018/19 Posted: 6th December 2018
© 2019 Services For Tourism Ltd. Maintained and hosted by Clockwork Marketing