Applicant Terms & Conditions
“Competition” means the Beautiful South Tourism Awards and the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence
“Organiser” means Services for Tourism Ltd
“You” means the individual who submits an application
“Platform” means the online system that the applicant must use to complete their application.
By submitting an application to the Competition, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- Applications for the Competition must be submitted before the deadline stated https://www.beautifulsouthawards.co.uk/key-dates
- Applications must be submitted online by following the link at https://www.beautifulsouthawards.co.uk
- Entry is open to members and non-members of Tourism South East. All entries are charged at £60 plus VAT per entry, however the first three entries submitted for any Tourism South East member are free of charge as a benefit of their membership. Members of VisitKent are eligible for one free entry, all others are charged at £60 plus VAT per entry. Businesses are encouraged to enter as many categories as they are eligible for. Invoices will be sent on receipt of the completed entry form, processing of an entry will not begin until payment has been received. Entries in the Unsung Hero category are free for members and non-members.
- The business/experience must be open at some point between 1st June 2023 and 31st October 2023, so the judges can visit if required. If you are due to be closed for any part of this period, please ensure this is highlighted in the ‘closures’ box on your application.
- If required by the Organiser you will need to accommodate a judging visit. If you do not accommodate a judging visit for any reason whatsoever this may result in your application being delayed and/or withdrawn.
- The Organiser and VisitEngland reserve the right to amend the judging process at the time if circumstances make judging visits impractical.
- Applications may be submitted by any individual representing the business applying and the individual who submits the application will also become the contact whom all correspondence from the Organiser and VisitEngland concerning the Competition will be addressed to.
- You must inform the Organiser immediately of any changes to the contact information relating to you or the business applying during the Competition.
- Employees or representatives/agents of the Organiser and VisitEngland are not eligible to submit an application to the Competition except for categories in which third party nominations are publicly invited.
- The business applying complies with all current and relevant legal and licensing obligations. The judges reserve the right to not consider an application if this is in doubt and cannot be confirmed.
- You can apply for more than one category, except where specified within the eligibility criteria, but separate applications must be completed for each.
- Applications will only be considered if they are deemed to meet the eligibility criteria.
- Applications will only be considered if they are submitted via the Platform and completed in full and do not exceed the maximum word counts.
- The Organiser reserves the right to move an application into a different category, if deemed more appropriate and should this occur the business affected will be informed.
- You will, if requested, reimburse the judge and his/her partner (or family/companions in the case of some visitor attractions or experiences) on departure for the cost of the mystery visit/overnight stay, any meals taken (alcoholic drinks only for Pub of the Year, Taste of England Award and Small and Large Hotel of the Year categories), or any admission or ticket cost as appropriate to the category.
- You agree to be part of any publicity undertaken in association with the Competition. You accept and agree that the Organiser and VisitEngland may use or publish any photographs, comments or evidence submitted at any stage of the Competition in any media, waiving any rights to payment or to inspect and approve a finished product.
- You confirm that you or the business applying own the copyright to any photographs included with your application.
- The Organiser and VisitEngland may send you communications via email in relation to your application to the Competition e.g. reminders of the deadline and to submit your application, notification of successful application submission, judging feedback, applicant survey, event invitation.
- The Organiser and VisitBritain/VisitEngland may store your contact information within databases to send you marketing communications including newsletters, future events and promotions unrelated to the Competition.
- Competition judges may decline to award winners at any level in some or all categories, if in their opinion there are insufficient entries of a winning standard.
- The prize provided by the Organiser for each winner will be a certificate and/ or a trophy. There is no cash alternative.
- Competition winners may publicise their success indefinitely provided the placing, category and year are specified in all publicity and materials.
- Competition winners may only use the specific logo issued by the Organiser or VisitEngland and not modify it in any way, nor use, or adapt for use, any other logo connected with the Organiser or VisitEngland.
- The logo may only be used alongside the location or part of the business that has won an award e.g. a self catering provider with multiple properties across different locations must only use the logo alongside the winning location.
- The Organiser and VisitEngland will not accept responsibility for applications delayed or lost as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Competition eligibility criteria, application forms, judging process, choice of finalists/winners or any other matter relating to the Competition, the decisions of the Organiser and VisitEngland shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- Should you win an award in your local/regional Competition you may be automatically put forward for national judging by VisitEngland for the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2024.
- You must notify the Organiser in writing at the time of application if you do not wish to be put forward for national judging
- In rare circumstances VisitEngland may deem that an application does not meet the eligibility criteria and reserves the right not to consider the application for national judging
- It is not possible to revisit your application prior to being put forward for national judging
- VisitEngland reserves the right to move an application into a different category, if deemed more appropriate
- The prize provided by VisitEngland for each winner will be a certificate and/ or a trophy.
- There is no cash alternative.
- Any queries in relation to national judging should be directed to VEAwards@visitengland.org
- The Organiser reserves the right to make changes to these Applicant Terms and Conditions at any time and may notify you in writing of these changes
Beautiful South Tourism Awards Event Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions for payment of your Event Ticket fee
By booking you are taken to have accepted all of the terms and conditions set out below in clauses 1 - 7 inclusive.
1 Booking your place
You must pay your ticket fee when you make your booking. We shall send you an automatic VAT Invoice and link to online payment if paying by card. If you do not receive this within 24 hours please email email@example.com
Services for Tourism Ltd reserves the right to cancel bookings at any stage.
Services for Tourism Ltd reserves the right to refuse any booking and to refuse to supply any goods or services to any individual.
Services for Tourism Ltd cannot confirm your place at the event until payment is received.
Services for Tourism Ltd may refuse entry to the event for guests who have not made payment in full.
We do not store credit card details.
2 Guest substitutions and cancellations
Substitutions are acceptable at no extra charge but must be sent in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are any special requirements for substitutions they must be specified by email at least 7 days before the event, as this is when details are passed to the events venue.
Notice of cancellation received in writing more than 7 days prior to the event will be issued a refund of their ticket fee minus a £10 admin fee.
Cancellations received 7 days or less prior to the event will not receive a refund except at the organisers’ discretion.
3 Programme alterations
Services for Tourism Ltd reserves the right to alter the content and timing of the event, the identity of the presenters, location and/or the venue.
Services for Tourism Ltd will not be liable for any costs or losses incurred as a result of alterations to the programme.
4 Postponement or cancellation of event
Should the event be cancelled for any reason including Government guidance relating to public health or otherwise you will be entitled to receive a full refund in respect of the ticket fees unless force majeure applies.
Services for Tourism Ltd will not be liable to you for any costs or losses you incur as a result of postponement or cancellation.
5 Force Majeure circumstances
Should we be unable to perform any obligations under these Terms and Conditions due to causes or circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including but not limited to any Act of God, war or threatened war, terrorism or threatened terrorism, fire, flood, drought, strike, lock out or actions of the venue, we will not be liable to you for any losses or claims arising from this.
In the event that you are unable to attend the event due to causes or circumstances beyond your reasonable control, but the event remains unaffected, Services for Tourism Ltd will not be liable to you for any costs or losses. These circumstances include but are not limited to any Act of God, war or threatened war, terrorism or threatened terrorism, fire, flood, drought or strike.
6 Keeping Safe
We are determined to run all events as safely as possible for the benefit of all guests and work with the venues and contractors to make this possible.
If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 (or any infectious condition) please take a test and, if positive, give your ticket to someone else - let us know who this will be - and not attend. Any refunds are at the organisers’ discretion.
7 Guest Behaviour
If you have any symptoms of Covid-19 you must not attend this event.
Behaviour of guests and their visitors should not be excessive or rowdy, and must not cause annoyance, distress or embarrassment to staff or fellow guests. Threatening, offensive or illegal behaviour will not be tolerated.
Should any actions by a guest be deemed inappropriate by the Event Manager, or if any inappropriate behaviour is brought to the attention of the Event Manager, the organisers reserve the right to ask the guest to leave.